.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Sunday, December 05, 2010

10,600,000 Hits and Counting! (21,800,000)

When I posted the food court Hallelujah Chorus last Wednesday [see post below], that particular clip had already recieved over 3,000,000 hits on Youtube. As of Sunday evening, it had tripled to over 10,600,000 hits. (About 150 of those hits were here at POI.)

I think it's because the latter clip has a more  "market place" commmon man feel to it while the Macy's event had a more of an opera retail-tabernacle feeling. They are both beautiful to watch, but the food court clip has gotten twice as many hits as the Macy's clip in half the time. I wonder if the 10,600,000 hits will double by next week.

Track it yourself by checking here. I just checked it four hours after posting this, and the hits are up to 10,850,000. That's more than a thousand hits a minute. 7696 [Four days later, Thursday, December 9, 7:00AM, the count has increased by FIVE MILLION to 15,586,000. That is a 12,000,000 increase since I first posted last Wednesday. At this rate, maybe the number of hits will double from the 10,600,000 in the title of this update by next Monday. (It hit 21,800,000 seven days after that update.)]7785-7904


And now, as a thank you for stopping by, I'll change the subject to my granddaughter Nora who went on her first "sleigh ride" today. It's a sled her mom found at a church garage sale in Chicago, but it looks worthy of the word sleigh. We got our first "lake effect" snow last night, and it's still coming down pretty heavy at times.  I love it!
[No, students, tomorrow will probably not a "snow day."]



Back in from the cold with Mommy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter