.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Allow Me to Introduce My Grandson Charlie!


It has been a beautiful week here in West Michigan. All of my family was home for Memorial Day Weekend, and it truly felt like the beginning of summer. Just days before, Emily's doctor told her Charlie could come "any time," which was welcome news to all.

Kim and Nate were here from Chicago, and Kim was hoping the baby would come while she was home. So...on Saturday, they hiked up to the top of the dune stairway at North Beach--that is a serious hike even when you’re not "full term," but nothing happened. Then Sunday, we did the long walk to the beach at Hoffmaster State Park... no Charlie. Then Monday night Emily and the gang took a long walk at the Grand Haven board walk and pier... still no Charlie.

Kim and Nate headed back to Chicago at 9:00AM Tuesday morning and then in the quiet of Keith and Emily's home, all the weekend hiking kicked in...She checked into the hospital before noon and Charlie arrived at 9:00PM. (8 lbs 1 oz. 20 inches long)

As those of you who read here know, I don't do Facebook--too much drama--but every now and then I do use my blog for personal news flashes. Allow me to introduce you all to our new grandson Charlie.

Nora is already proving to be a great "big sister."


3 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

We're so happy for Keith and Emily and all the rest if the family that he is privileged to be a part of. Too bad that Kim just missed him. Thank goodness for internet to send photos right away. This drama that you speak of in FB, I do not know of that. It's all fun and games for me! :) I trust you will all have a wonderful West Michigan summer. We will miss it there for many reasons, but my top one being the bike rides I took everyday just down past Emily and Keith's. I loved the ride down along the lake and seeing the boats and sunrise or sunset. It was the perfect 10 miles that my mind needed for prayer and reflection each day. I am thankful for the same sun rising and falling in here in Minnesota. I am reminded I can trust fully in a God who doesn't change. Love and prayers for your growing family, your school, your church and all that God is doing each day. I still wish our kids were kicking off the summer to the tune of the bell ringing at CCS. I am thankful for the friendship that we all made and look forward to when we all catch up again. Congratulations, Tom!

30/5/12 11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again...hardly check the blogs these days but "happened" in on yours today! Congratulations on the new addition to your family! How wonderful...one of each for your daughter's family!

That's what we had in the same succession!
WSL :-)

3/6/12 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Patterns of Ink said...

Jody,
It's good to hear from you. I've been so busy lately I did not see these comments. I should not have said what I said about Facebook. It should be fun and games and keeping in touch with friends, but sometimes people use Facebook for quite the opposite purposes. As is true with all forms of communication, "Out of the heart the mouth speaks" and when the speaking is ugly, Facebook allows people to sends glimpses of the heart to far too many people in far too little time. But used properly, it is a fun way to keep up with friends.

WSL,
I'm glad you happened by. Nora and Charlie were here at our house tonight and it was wonderful!

11/6/12 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter