.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

A 40-year-old plug for The Nativity Story

(Click both the corner arrow and the center arrow to begin play.)

My on-going narrative in recent weeks is about 1964 (and I have some remaining installments in that thread of posts). This classic debuted the next year 1965. Until that time, we had never heard the now-famous and always happy "Linus and Lucy" piano score or the melancholy "Christmas Time is Here."

Network executives wanted to cut the scene shown here, but Charles Schultz, said "If we don't answer this question, who will?"

[P.S. I couldn't find a clip without the added graphics, but I would have preferred to let the recited Scripture speak for itself. True, Christmas is "not about toys and snow" but I'm not sure what the graphics writer meant by saying it's not about people. People is precisely why He came. His perfect life and eventual death was an atonement for sin. What a picture! Shepherds gathering around the worthy lamb who would someday be slain for the sins of all who, by grace, trust in Christ alone for forgiveness of sin (As did the thief on the cross beside Jesus at his death and, we may surmise, as did those believing shepherds at his birth on that first Christmas.)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter