.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Glimspe

Sometimes…
I sense what really is
and what I see is not.
It happens only rarely,
barely now and then,
a fleeting sort of fumbling
feeling like stumbling
on the shadow of a cloud.
Then looking up
as all around me blurs
I catch a truer glimpse
of unseen things--
not with my eyes
but something
faint and far away
that’s looking down
on time.
© Copyright Tom Kapanka June 19, 2011

Yesterday, I was packing wedding presents in the back of our Durango to take to the newlyweds in Chicago when a strange feeling came over me and these lines came to mind. (They are rooted loosely in James 4:14, which reminds us that life is vapor. What could be more fleeting than that? Perhaps, the shadow of a vapor. While I often sense how quickly life passes, I don't often sense the faint unearthly feeling I "stumbled" on as I packed the car.) 

In the days ahead, I will post some pictures from the beautiful wedding, but for now, Julie and I are celebrating Father's Day with Kim and Nate. We are also celebrating Kim's and Natalie's birthday. (Yes, they were both born on June 19th.) Nat is in Kansas, getting ready to attend and work at Peniel Camp, but she and I skyped early this morning before church--it was fun. We're going to connect again tonight during a party they're throwing for her there.
14,595,662M-PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith St. Amand said...

Is this the Tom Kapanka who went to Calvary Baptist Church is Rosevile, Michigan. Email st.amand.keith@gmail.com

14/11/11 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter