.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

From Bangkok to the Hill Tribes: A World of Class



I finished this Storyline last night. It is a brief study in cultural contrasts--not so much the contrast between Asia and America--but those found within Thailand itself, primarily in the area of modern architecture and the art of "weaving huts" of the Lahu Tribes near the Burma border.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bubbles In My Think Tank said...

Hi Tom! I was so excited to get your comment. I watched all of the videos but I enjoyed this one the most because you said it was just you and them and all you shared were smiles and curiousity. Such a simple life that I long for often. No cars, no video games...just simple living. I can't wait to show Ben the videos when he gets home. I want to see if he recognizes parts of a past life. Now I'm going to catch up on POI posts and then post something of my own. Thanks for sharing!

4/4/08 9:51 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Tracy,
Thanks for leaving a comment. I'm glad Ben will be interested. I loved it over there--brief as my stay was. I was drawn to their simple life. We like camping and it struck me as similar to that, but I can't imagine it during the rainy season when all the roads get washed out and they're stranded in their villages for months. Come again.

4/4/08 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter