.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Life is Just

So this is what
we're to believe:
That BANG! the box of BB's spilled
with no purpose, no design,
and nothing unfulfilled.
That WE ARE trumps I AM;
and PERCHANCE trumps what's WILLED.
They say
we must put our trust
in rocks and dust since
life is just
a box of BB's spilled.
.
© Copyright 2007, TK, Patterns of Ink
If you wonder what I really think, turn up your volume and click the word BANG .

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

It makes sense only if GOD is the one making the big BANG! That is one thing I know for sure and I am blessed because of it!
Blessings,
Nancy

22/10/06 1:37 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Nancy, Thanks for dropping in from NC. These thoughts were prompted by my daughter's recent experience in college. The professor informed the class they could write about ANYTHING they wanted but then advised that the topic of intelligent design, etc. was forbidden because it's just emotional opinion. Ever since I was in public junior high and high school, I've politely listened to teachers who refuse to see that "the accidental masterpiece" they are telling us to accept as fact takes just as much FAITH (moreso I'd say)to believe. It seems they must keep God out of the picture, because the implications of His presence and order,purpose and plan are serious indeed.
Please come again.

22/10/06 6:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

And I did come by again and this time I read the 05/06 post with much delight! Mr. Bowers was smiling down from heaven...what a beautiful tribute. You are one sharp teacher and your students are blessed indeed.

26/10/06 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter