.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

It's a Girl!

A few weeks back I posted an ultrasound picture and announced the big news. Well, today that news became even more real. Julie and I are with our high school students at a three-day retreat at Spring Hill, but this image was sent to Julie's Ipod.

Through the magic of 4-D ultrasound, Keith and Em were told today that the miracle within her womb is a girl! I am a speechless "Papa-to-be."

Here is our first glimpse of the face we are waiting to see in January.Though the technology that gave us this picture from a hundred miles away is amazing, it is no where near the miracle of life itself.... speechless....
5420

6 Comments:

Blogger the walking man said...

Let's see...about now Grandma to be is looking at nursery items and clipping coupons for diapers and baby whatnot and Grandpa to be is wondering how much he can afford to invest in a long term CD or other instrument that will help his first grand kid get to college.

The question is, which of the pair is being more practical. Ha ha ha

11/9/09 4:58 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Mark,
Funny that you say that... it already started last night--not the CD part but Julie found a baby outfit that was too cute not to buy and on sale, too! This is a first grandchild on both sides of couple's family so we'll all be tempted to step beyond what's merely practical, but all in all I think it will be fine and fun. =)

11/9/09 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of "granparent-hood"...there is nothing like it! Our two boys are now teenagers and I have to wonder where the time has flown to. I'm too "young" to be a grandmother of teens!! :-)
Anyway...it's a grandma's perogative to shop for and indulge, if just a small amount their grandbabies. It's fun to
take care of the little ones...thenn send them home!! Congratulations to ALL of you! Welcome Sweet Baby!!!
WSL

14/9/09 9:54 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Thanks, WSL. We're looking forward to it.

16/9/09 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least Julie KNOWS this is to be a girl. She thought she knew with our eldest and bought him pink ballet slippers before our "Clay boy" was born!

22/9/09 1:43 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Hi, Laura,
I remember how excited we were when Clay was on the way--I'm glad he doesn't wear pink.
Tom

23/9/09 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter