.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Wireless Was Down. Thanks, Abu!

If it looks as though I haven’t written for two weeks, I have but our wireless router was not working so my thoughts were trapped on my laptop.

I tried all the usual “power cycle” steps and finally called tech support and after 15 minutes of listening a recorded voice telling me how important my call was, I was eventually greeted by a kind-but-difficult-to-understand voice (India? Pakistan?). I have no idea how to type in his dialect. It was his inflection and pace more than pronunciation. His sentences unfolded like flat bolts of cloth on a counter--lilting up with each roll.

Believe me, it was a tough way to learn computer jargon. The good news is that after about twenty minutes of “could you repeat that please,” my WAN plug was in the right port and the WLAN light came on. My laptop has wireless again. Thank you, Abu!

So the August entries below were written on the days indicated but posted after Abu's help. I need to go set up camp at Muskegon State Park so it may take a day or so to cut and paste my belated posts. (My explaining this, of course, helps create the illusion that people read this blog and miss it when it doesn't have at least one post a week.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not an illusion. I actually was wondering if you had writer's block (or writer's cramp), but figured you were on vacation. Glad you're back. Thanks, Abu!
a former student :)

17/8/06 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear customer 5609388
You have made me a famous person.
Signed: Abu.

Just kidding...

17/8/06 3:54 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Okay... I know this isn't from Abu. Although I can almost hear his voice saying that sentence. Have you met him, too?
At any rate, thanks for stopping by.
Mr. K

18/8/06 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter