.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Sunday, March 08, 2020

"Until a Tiny Hand"

We seldom see the struggle of what we’re
up against. Rarely do we understand
that first we must be fenced-in to know when
we are free; that joy and sorrow both burn
bright but more so in the darkness of night;
that battles are not for the strong alone—
in fact, He sometimes chooses things thought frail,
like one small boy or one smooth stone to fell
whatever stands…no matter what the odds.
Sometimes it’s not until a tiny hand
takes hold of ours... that we take hold of Gods.
© Tom Kapanka, 3-8-2020

Line 1: "What we’re up against..."  Ephesians 6:12 reminds us that not all of our struggles are in the physical world, but this does not mean that all physical issues are a result of spiritual things unseen. Like all things, they do reflect the fact that we live in a broken world--once made perfect but now fallen and awaiting a time of restoration. In the meantime, the concept of "common grace" means that sometimes what man calls "bad things" happen to good people" just as the rain falls on the crops of those who do not pray for rain and parched earth can befall the prayerful.

Line 2: "Rarely do we understand..."  I Corinthians 13:12 says, " For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
© Tom Kapanka, 3-8-2020





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter