.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Acorn Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree

We've all heard the old proverb: "The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree." We usually say it when some physical or behavioral attribute of a child reminds us of the parent.

This is my daughter Emily and her high-school-sweetheart-now-husband Keith. I don't have a date for this photo, but I'm pretty sure it is from their early years of college. They both like hats.

As you may recall from some posts back in January and February, Julie and I became grandparents when Keith and Em's little Nora Paige was came into this world. Proverbially speaking, Nora is the acorn in the title of this post. She is not a nut, nor are her parents oaks, but the proverb does hold true when it comes to hats. Nora has more hats than there are days in a week, and she is rarely seen without one. The hat in these next three pictures just cracks me up!

[That's Keith holding Nora on a table with their little Schnorky "Winston" on the floor. That's Mom and Nora below.]
.
I will be taking a brief sabbatical from Patterns of Ink. These are very busy weeks in my real life, and right through the first week of June, I have very little time (day or night) that is not already scheduled for school-related duties. Don't get me wrong, the last few weeks of school are wonderful from nearly everyone's perspective, but they bring a whirlwind of activities and events that leave little time for much else.

I know I cannot truly cut off my time at Patterns of Ink, but I'll not have time to write much for the next couple weeks...so for the next few Wednesdays and Sundays, I'll just share some new pictures and brief anecdotes the way some folks do on Facebook. Enjoy!
3295

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter