.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Please Pray for This Former Student's Daughter


.

Note sent by way of the prayer page:

Holly,
I watched the Dr. Phil show a couple weeks back, but Julie and I were praying even before that (based on the network of email and facebook friends that we share). I had a moment today to pause after a very hectic day (our school Christmas program is tonight), and I watched some of the other news stories and listened to the song and saw the pictures here. My eyes are blurred, and I am humbled to know that such a profound chapter in your life followed those we shared in simpler years at Walnut Ridge [the Iowa school where I taught/administrated for 18 years]. I still see you as one of my little spiders in the last scene of Charlotte's Web (1987). You were not much older than your Kate at the time. I also see you as the young lady who brought such a spark to my English class (and other classes) from 1991 to 1995. I know you don't get much snow in Arizona, but you remember the blizzards of Iowa. May you feel the countless arms around you in this storm and have a blessed Christmas. (Great idea by the way.)
Mr. K
8375

1 Comments:

Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Thank you, American History.

One of the most positive contributions "the web" has to offer is the ability to connect with so many in this way.
Tom

18/12/09 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter