.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Dear President George W. Bush,

In your final address to the nation last night you said , “I will always be honored to carry a title that means more to me than any other: citizen of the United States of America.” But it is my honor to write these thoughts while you officially and exclusively hold the other title you have worn for eight years: the President of the United States.

A few hours ago you stepped aboard Marine One to spend your last weekend at Camp David. At the top of those steps you turned and waved at the crowd as you have done through the years, and I was pleased to see that in spite of the weight of your two terms, you still seem very comfortable in your own skin, and your smile still radiates from something deep within....
.
This Open Letter to President Bush can be read in full at this site. It remains my post-November goal to avoid politics as much as possiple here at POI, but I did want to invite you to read a parting tribute to the man that prompted this and other thoughts today:
.
It is man--not time--that masks the truth. As the future ever-merges with the past, history sometimes reveals what historians failed to see.
.
"Unsettled" Chapter 13-B is on its way....

2 Comments:

Blogger Donnetta said...

Hi, Tom! I avoid political comments but will follow the link and read! Hope all is well in your world. How was your Christmas? We had a good one here in Oklahoma. Not much money for fancy presents with all the stock market problems, but everyone home and well. Most important things! Just read the previous post and reminded me so past Christmases. Wishing the best (belated) for your new year! D

16/1/09 9:44 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Hi, Donnetta Lee,
Long time no see. I'm still writing the same thread I started last fall, and the final chapters are on their war. This was just something that came to mind as I watched the news today and saw President Bush boarding Marine One for the last time.

Thanks for following the link.

16/1/09 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter