.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

From a Wooded Dune along Lake Michigan

Hello, All,
This is just a short post--a rare thing indeed here at POI--to let you know that we are camping and I have no access to the internet until Friday. The camp site is just six east from this one we had last summer. The girls are reading books, and I'm writing about the time we dug the cistern well. As you know when I write a story about one thing (e.g. a Duncan Phyfe, a motel, or whatever), the story takes a while to lay the ground work for that one thing. This is true of the piece I'm currently writing. Hope you'll check in Friday afternoon for the first installment.
Hope you're all enjoying July!
Tom

6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

A family camping trip, the perfect way to enjoy your summer. I look forward to your next segment. Enjoy your time with your family.

23/7/08 5:35 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

You can count on me checking in.

23/7/08 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as my feed reader flags me, I'll hop on over!

23/7/08 7:43 PM  
Blogger the walking man said...

Is it July? Really?

24/7/08 3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Walking Man!!! July??????
WSL

24/7/08 9:46 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

All,
Thanks for stopping by. Only time to post the chapter above. Still camping through next Tuesday.

25/7/08 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter