.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

patterns of ink

How fruitless to be ever thinking yet never embrace a thought... to have the power to believe and believe it's all for naught. I, too, have reckoned time and truth (content to wonder if not think) in metaphors and meaning and endless patterns of ink. Perhaps a few may find their way to the world where others live, sharing not just thoughts I've gathered but those I wish to give. Tom Kapanka

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Michigan Shoreline, Midwest, United States

By Grace, I'm a follower of Christ. By day, I'm a recently retired school administrator; by night (and always), I'm a husband and father (and now a grandfather); and by week's end, I sometimes find myself writing or reading in this space. Feel free to join in the dialogue.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Day Two of Snow Bread Baking over the Roof Pan

You may not be able to tell in these photos but the continued near-zero temps and constant powder of lake-effect snow added several inches to the pending avalanche hanging well below our eves. Today it looks less like over-flowing bread and more like stiff meringue drooping over the side of a chocolate pie.

(Incidentally,, I have never spelled "mor-ang" in my life and had no success "looking it up" the old way. Then I remembered Google. Don't you love when you take a stab at something on Google, and it says "Did you mean chocolate meringue pie?" I guess that's what I meant, but my mom always called it "mor-ang." Aren't you glad the spell-check people at Google aren't sarcastic? We can all use more of such polite correction in our lives. Thanks, Google.)



2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

It looks wonderful...! Did you make a snowman? I love snow like that.

Cheers,
Josie

7/2/07 10:54 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

It's still way to cold to "pack" snow, but if the temps ever get near 25-30 again all this snow will be "good packing." See

http://patternsofink.blogspot.com/2005/04/three-days-into-spring.html

That's about the last time we built a snow man.

11/2/07 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Offshore Jones Act
Offshore Jones Act Counter